The Poet asked: “Oh what is so rare as a day in June?”
1. The flame created by the burning of your paid-off home mortgage.
2. The look on the face of a three-year-old child who hears her dad’s car coming up the driveway.
3. A wife seeing her husband of 55 years pain-free after recuperating from back surgery.
4. Your dog’s tail when someone brings him his dinner.
5. Grandpa’s joy at finding where Grandma hid the cookies after she left to play Mahjongg with her friends all afternoon.
6. Grandma’s joy when Grandpa finally agrees to get a haircut.
7. Parking the car in a rainstorm thinking you left the umbrella at home— and then seeing it lying in the back seat.
8. The happiness of a boy who sees his homing pigeon land in its coop after being missing for a week.
9. Ten Lords a-leaping.
10. And a partridge in a pear tree.